077344 34804 Tim@onegoddons.com

(EICR) Electrical Inspection Condition Report

For Client Information

Who Should carry out the Inspection (EICR)


The Electrical Inspection should be carried out only by electrically competent Qualified persons such as registered electricians.

They will check the condition of the electrical system against the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations BS7671 Requirement for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations) For buildings which do not meet this regulation; the test will be for the continued safe use.

It’s always best to use a registered inspector who is a member of a regulated Government Scheme. The person who is a member of this type of scheme will be competent in this field of work.

They will be fully insured and will probably be able to carry out any remedial work if necessary.

The Electrical Inspection (EICR Will:

  • Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded.
  • Find any potential electric shock risk and fire hazard.
  • Identify any defective electrical work.
  • Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
  • Highlight any departure from the current electrical regulations now 18th Edition BS7671

What’s Involved

Tests are carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to check they are safe for continued use, so this does not mean you need to be fully compliant with the latest regulations. A schedule is produced, which is invaluable for the property.

Your electrical installation should be inspected every:

  • 10 Years for an owner-occupied home.
  • 5 Years for a rented home.
  • 3 Years for a caravan.
  • 1 Year for a swimming pool.

The above is the most common type of (EICR) other properties will have a different schedule; please contact for advice.

Rental homes (EICR)

The EICR is a comprehensive check of the fixed wiring of your electrical installation. It’s a snapshot of your electrics to establish whether they’re safe for continued use and to identify any potential safety issues. It’s about checking the underlying electrical system – the wiring, the fuse board, earth bonding and all the other bits you can’t see that could be a risk – rather than whether your lights come on or not.

Safe Continued use

As a landlord, you need to prove your property is safe for continued use. You don’t have to confirm the property is up to the current regulations BS7671 18th Edition but need to ensure the electrical installation is safe. This is a confusion point for many electricians who will test to the current regulations and fail the property when in many cases safe continued use it would pass with code C3 in use on the certificate.

Contact Us

We always get back to you

One Goddon Napit Scope

Serving East Anglia & North London

01366 659959



One Goddon Electrical Services, Downham Market Norfolk. The UK, IEE Registration (TG/55154-65) Napit (32385) Tel:01366 659959 Mobile:07734434804 Email: tim@onegoddon.com